Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies (Coconut Flour)

So, here's the thing. I've made all sorts of different recipes for paleo desserts, and especially cookies. This recipe is just one of maybe 10 or 15 different chocolate chip cookies that I've made alone. And, I like different ones for different reasons. This one is awesome for a very quick and easy cookie that doesn't require a ton of ingredients, for instance. I have experimented with others, and even gotten better results, but they require a lot more investment, ingredients, and... motivation. So, really, the recipe below is the lazy woman's answer to paleo chocolate chip cookies.

Are these my very favorite recipe? Well, no. The texture of coconut flour isn't awesome. It feels like it coats my throat as it goes down. I have other recipes that I'll share one of these days that do a better job of disguising that. But, were these cookies yummy enough for me to eat three of them fresh out of the oven? Oh, yes. Yes they were! Light, buttery, and with just a hint of sweetness... they definitely hit the spot!

Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies (Coconut Flour)

1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup butter, melted (or simply add more coconut oil)
4 eggs
1/2 cup coconut sugar
2 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/3 cup almond meal
1 cup coconut flour
3/4 cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with coconut oil spray. Combine all ingredients except the chocolate chips in a mixer and mix until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Form balls and place onto the baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until firm but not hard to the touch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment